Field Service Technician
A Field Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties including but not limited to the installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of Automotive Shop equipment such as Automotive Lifts, Air compressors and all types of wheel service equipment. Positions are full time Mon-Fri including some weekends as scheduled and require a clean DMV driving record. Successful candidates will be provided access to transportation from our shop to the job sites and all tools, service manuals, training and parts required to complete assigned tasks. On the job, online and factory training will be provided.
Excellent mechanical skills
Strong customer service skills
Ability to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong organizational skills
Ability to follow diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturer's instructions.
Thorough knowledge on how to use different hand and power tools.
Must have an Arizona Driver’s license and a good DMV record.
A qualified candidate will also;
Be punctual and dependable
Be able to prioritize and be highly productive with minimal supervision.
Have pride in their work and attention to detail
Demonstrate good teamwork and work well with other employees and customers.
• Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor.
• Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
• Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment.
• Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the company's area of
• Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold and serviced
• Perform repairs as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with company's
• Perform routine and preventive maintenance as needed and/or assigned for the purpose of ensuring
the ongoing safety and functionality of the Equipment.
• Examine Equipment to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
• Advise Supervisor and/or customer immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not
needed, or if repairs cannot be made or if estimate is not accurate.
• Communicate with office manager to obtain needed parts.
• Document work performed and recommended on the repair order.
• Discuss repairs with Supervisor and/or Customer
• Communicate additional service requests to Supervisor
• Plan work procedures in cooperation with Customer
• Monitor repair time and update Supervisor regularly
• Complete company documentation for all work performed
• Attend company and factory training